Friday, October 2, 2009

Biography of Drew Barrymore


Date of Birth : 22 February 1975, Culver City, California, USA.
Birth Name : Drew Blyth Barrymore.
Nickname : D.
Height : 5' 4" (1.63 m).
Measurements : 34C-24-34. (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).

Biography :
Charming, free-spirited and - above all - talented, Drew Barrymore has come a long way since her big-screen breakout in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence during which she appeared in only a handful of films, Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-90s with notable appearances in Poison Ivy (1992), Bad Girls (1994/I), Boys on the Side (1995), Batman Forever (1995), Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and Wes Craven's Scream (1996/I). Turns in The Wedding Singer (1998), Ever After (1998), Never Been Kissed (1999), Charlie's Angels (2000), Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) and Donnie Darko (2001) followed, proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor. Recent projects have included 50 First Dates (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007), Curtis Hanson's Lucky You (2007) and the forthcoming Grey Gardens (2009) (TV).

Spouse :
Tom Green     (7 July 2001 - 15 October 2002) (divorced).
Jeremy Thomas     (20 March 1994 - 18 February 1995) (divorced).


Trivia :
Born at 11:51 AM.
She was the Guest Host for "Saturday Night Live" (1975) when viewers voted that Andy Kaufman would never be allowed to return to the show.
Never finished high school.
Originally offered the lead role in Scream (1996/I) but chose to play Casey Becker because she thought it would be more fun.
Was engaged to Jamie Walters for a brief period of time.
Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World [1997].
Daughter of John Drew Barrymore and Jaid Barrymore. Half-sister of John Blyth Barrymore. Niece of actress Diana Barrymore. Granddaughter of actor John Barrymore and Dolores Costello, on her father's side. Great-granddaughter of silent film actor Maurice Costello and Mae Costello. Great-niece of famed actors, Ethel Barrymore and Lionel Barrymore.
She is half Hungarian from her mother's side.
Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol.36 [1984].
Steven Spielberg gave her a quilt for her birthday with a note "Cover yourself up". Enclosed was a copy of the January 1995 issue of Playboy Magazine for which she posed nude, with the pictures altered by Spielberg's art department so that she appeared fully clothed.
Her favorite poet is e.e. cummings.
Won the 1999 Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award for favorite movie actress.
Her godmothers are Sophia Loren and Anna Strasberg.
As a child, she auditioned for the role of Carol Ann in Poltergeist (1982).
She was formerly a vegan: "I don't eat a ton of meat, and I don't wear a ton of leather, but I just don't put strict limitations on myself anymore".
She was, at seven years old, the youngest person ever to host "Saturday Night Live" (1975).
Was offered the leading part of Nomi Malone in Showgirls (1995), but turned it down because she felt uncomfortable with the explicit nudity displayed in the script.
Married Tom Green twice, 1st eloping to the South Pacific in March 2001, then on July 7, 2001 before family and friends in a ceremony in Malibu, California.
She and Tom Green honeymooned in Ireland.

Personal Quotes :
I know certain actors are totally screwed up on drugs, yet it gets covered up. Why wasn't I excused for 'exhaustion' or 'the flu'?.
There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.
If I ever start talking to you about my 'craft', my 'instrument', you have permission to shoot me.
I believe in fate. I believe that everything happens for a reason, but I think it's important to seek out that reason - that's how you learn.
I believe you can be the person that you dream of being.
[On her favorite movies to make]: I try to make movies that I would want to go see rather than ones I would just want to do as an actor. I want people to have movies full of romance and hope and empowerment, something they can escape into and feel good about. I love happy endings.
[On her morning routine]: Every morning I stay in bed for ten minutes to ponder my place in the universe. Then I wash my face and check my karma.
Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.
I love levity. As crazy as I am, I just love to laugh!.
( References from IMDb )

No comments:

Post a Comment